Budget - Andhra Pradesh Legislature
The Annual Financial Statement or the Statement of the estimated receipts and expenditure of the State in respect of every financial year is popularly known as Budget.
The Budget is presented to the House on such day as the Governor may appoint. On the day the Budget is presented, discussion of the Budget takes place. There should be an interval of 48 hours between the presentation of the Budget and General Discussion of the Budget. The Budget is dealt with by the Legislative Assembly in two stages namely; General Discussion of the Budget and Voting of Demands for Grants.
Six days are allotted for General Discussion of the Budget and 18 days for Voting of Demands for Grants. During the General Discussion of the Budget, the Assembly is at liberty to discuss the Budget as a whole or any question of policy involved therein. No motion is moved nor is the Budget submitted to vote. At the end of the General Discussion, the Finance Minister gives reply.
The second stage of Budget involves Voting of Demands for Grants. A separate demand is ordinarily made in respect of grant proposed for each department of the Government. Each demand contains a statement of the total grant proposed and statement of demand estimated under each grant divided into items.
- Andhra Pradesh Legislature Financial Committees For the Year 2023-2024 New
- Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council Committees for the year 2023-2024 New
- Andhra Pradesh Legislature Joint Committees for the year 2023-2024 New
- Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly Committees for the year 2023-2024 New
- BAC Report New
- Final Allocation of Employees of Legislature Secretariat to the State Legislatures of AP & TS
- Final Allocation of Vacant Single/Solitary posts between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana States
- Legislative Procedures
- Council of Ministers
- Parliament of India
- A.P. State Budget
- CAG Reports
- RTI Act
- Interesting Facts
- Constitution of India
- Media Advisory Committee
- Important Links
- Related Links
- The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act 2014
- Visit the Legislature
- Salary & Allowance to the Hon'ble Members Act
- Salary & Allowance to the Hon'ble Members
- 13th Legislative Assembly
- Statistics of APLC
- Council Elections 2019